Sunday, June 12, 2016

Crochet Girl's Shell Stitch Dress


Okay, so I finally took the plunge and decided to crochet a dress for my niece. I have been looking all over Pinterest for a pattern for a knit or crochet tank/tee for myself but none jumps at me. I found this dress pattern from WoolyWondersCrochet on YouTube. It's a beginner's pattern and I couldn't believe how easy it was!

I used a 6mm hook which was supposed to be for a 6 month - 12 month old but mine was bigger than that. Lucky for me the niece I was planning to make this for has an older sister! Sorry little niece! I will make you a smaller one! I put this on my 3 year old son and it fit nicely. They're only 2 months apart so I know it should fit her.

Instead of making it longer as a dress, I thought it was cute like a tunic. She can wear tights underneath (OH! I wish I had a girl! I love my 3 boys though!)

The back of the dress opens on top and is held together by a button.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Crochet Lulu Pom Pom Scarf

Let's face it. Kids things are cute. They're miniature and the kiddos look good modeling anything! Anyone who knows me knows ...